Bear Creek Church of the Brethren
P.O Box 447, 1088 Brethren Church Road
Accident, MD 21520
Church cemetery guidelines:
- The cemetery fund for perpetual care continues.
- Church trustees shall be the Cemetery Committee.
- All sites must meet approval of the Trustees.
- All active resident members and active non-resident members, their spouses, and children under parents care shall have the right to be buried in the cemetery without any fee being charged.
- The trustees shall consider any requests for burial of non members and separated members with a fee of $500 per grave being charged. Also, the trustees may consider any waivers to these fees.
- Family rows be respected.
Dates to Note:
May 19, 5:00 pm - Spring Covered Dish Dinner and special music by the Reeds. Special music at 5:00 and 6:00 special music.
May 25, 6:00 pm - Community Dinner with proceeds going to Accident Volunteer Fire Department
June 23-27, 6:30 - 8:30 - Vacation Bible School with theme of Shipwrecked.
June 29 - Community Dinner with proceeds going to Union Rescue Mission
July 27 - Community Dinner with proceeds going to Landon's Library
August 31 - Community Dinner with proceeds to Deep Creek Fire Department
September 28 - Community Dinner with proceeds to Garrett County Hospice
October 26 - Community dinner with proceeds going to Cindy's Fund
The church will be expanding our current parking lot. Excavation, drainage runoff, and paving are a part of this phase, as well as updating the ceiling and newly painting.